(Redirected from Aussiecon 2)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The 43rd Worldcon and second Australian Worldcon, Aussiecon Two was held August 22–26, 1985, in the Southern Cross, Victoria, and Sheraton Hotels, Melbourne, Vic. GoH: Gene Wolfe, FGoH: Ted White.
It was chaired by David Grigg, who replaced John Foyster, who resigned in 1984. Race Mathews, (an old-time fan who was Minister for Police and Emergency Services for the State of Victoria) gave the opening address.
It arose from the Melbourne in '85 bid and hosted the 1987 Worldcon Site Selection
- Aussiecon Two publications and photos on fanac.org.
- Hal Clement's Aussiecon 2 Reminiscence
- Jean Weber published the Aussiecon Memory Book in 1995
- Contrary Modes a proceedings by Jenny Blackford, Russell Blackford, Lucy Sussex, and Norman Talbot.
- File 770 55, p. 2 (report on the Hugo Ceremony and Site Selection)
- File 770 57, p. 16 (opening address, first part)
- File 770 58, p. 15 (opening address, second part)
- File 770 59, p. 3 (a long report by Mike Glyer)
|L.A.con II||Worldcon - Bidding - Hugos||ConFederation|
|Aussiecon One||Australian Worldcons||Aussiecon Three|
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, locale, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.|