Jump to navigation Jump to search
Aussiecon Three (FanHistoriCon 9.5) was the 1999 Worldcon and third Australian Worldcon held September 2-6 in the World Congress Center and Centra Hotel, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. GoHs: George Turner (pro) and Greg Benford (pro), FGoH: Bruce Gillespie, Special Guest: J. Michael Straczynski. George Turner died prior to the convention. Perry Middlemiss chaired the convention.
Memberships of all types: 2,813, consisting of:
- Attending 1719
- Supporting 857
- Child 35
- Infant (includes stuffed toys) 19
- Day Members 192
- The warm body count — number of unique members present (registered) at the convention — was 1,872.
It arose from the Australia in 1999 bid. It hosted 2002 Worldcon Site Selection.
- Committee List (IA)
- Progress Report #1 (IA)
- Progress Report #2 (IA)
- Progress Report #3 (IA)
- Progress Report #4 (IA)
- Newsletter (from before the convention): The Voice of the Platypus
- Daily newsletter (during the convention): The Monotreme
- (in issue 125 of The Australian Science Fiction Bullsheet)
- Evelyn C. Leeper's Con Report
|BucConeer||Worldcon - Bidding - Hugos||Chicon 2000|
|Aussiecon Two||Australian Worldcons||Aussiecon 4|
|FanHistoriCon 9||FanHistoriCon||FanHistoriCon 10|
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, locale, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.|