Taral Wayne (né Wayne MacDonald), a life-long resident of the Toronto area, is one of Canada's best known science fiction fanartists, and has been nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Fan Artist eleven times in 1987–1990, 2000, 2001, and 2008–2011. In recognition of his contributions to science fiction fandom, particularly Canadian fandom, Taral was named Fan GoH by the 2009 Worldcon, Anticipation.
Wayne began his involvement in science fiction fandom in 1971 when he joined the local Ontario Science Fiction Club (OSFiC) for which he has been an officer multiple times. He co-founded Ditto with Catherine Crockett and helped run Ditto 1. He was one of the organizers of Chromecon and ran the first four Torques. He chaired Fan Fair III in 1975.
Over the years he contributed art and writing to a wide variety of amateur and semi-professional fanzines, as well as publishing his own. Other apas he has been a member of include AZAPA, OASIS, Rowrbrazzle and Vootie. Murray Moore edited a collection of his writing for Ditto 15 titled Old Toys: A Tarable Collection.
In the late 1980s he made the jump to professional illustration, by necessity working mainly outside the science fiction genre.
During the 1990s Taral focused more on comic book work. His major achievement was the Furry comic title Tales of Beatrix (Mu Press & Vision Comics). Taral also created many back covers for Gremlin Trouble, a comic published by AB Pixilations.
- The Baloobius [2019-]
- Broken Toys
- Delta Psi 
- Delta Pussy
- DNQ (with Victoria Vayne)
- Doctored Papers
- Down With!  (one issue with Victoria Vayne)
- Fen and the Art of Fanzine Pubbing
- Fewmets (for AZAPA)
- Galah Performance (by John Berry)
- The Great White Zine
- If I Say So Myself
- Impressions from the Ditto Masters 
- Loc Dave Fucke
- Lost Toys
- a march to the beat of a red shift drummer
- My Year in Review
- New Canadian Fandom, Eh?
- New Toy
- Red Shift (for FAPA)
- Rubber Stamp Owner's Bulletin
- Seen on a Cave Wall
- The Slan of Baker Street
- State of the Art
- Symposium Trial 
- To Walk the Moon
- To Wound the Autumnal Derelict
- Toronto the Ghood
- Typo (letter supplement to DNQ)
- Virtual Images
- The Word for World is Twiltone
- Zero Sum Game
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1987 -- Toastmaster at Corflu 4
- 1988 -- CUFF
- 1991 -- Wilfcon VII
- 1995 -- Ditto 8
- 2008 -- Rotsler Award
- 2009 -- Anticipation
- 2011 -- Best Fan Writer award by the Fanzine Fanac Awards Society
- 2018 -- Past president of the FWA
- 2019 -- FAAn Award for Unrecognized Fan Achievement
- Nominated for the Hugo Award for Best Fan Artist eleven times in 1987-1990, 2000, 2001, and 2008-2011.
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|