(September 28, 1938 – January 27, 1968)
Ronald Davis Ellik (EE-lick) was also known as Ronel and The Squirrel. The latter nickname was given to him early in his fannish career when older fans such as Rick Sneary repeatedly admonished him for his constant "chitterchatter." Ellik took to the nickname, describing his own writing style as "chitterchattery", and Terry Carr had Bjo do cartoons of him depicted as a good-humored squirrel.
He was one of the co-editors of Shangri L'Affaires in 1962 with Al Lewis (and published two Shangri-L'Affaires Holiday Art Supplements). He also helped produce The Incompleat Burbee and was involved in the Farley File of Fandom.
He published Fafhrd for FAPA and had long service as an officer. He apparently liked long titles and consequently published Amazing, thrilling, sexy, astounding, infamous, monsters of neferland and dull, dry, monotonous, analogged scientific fact nefer stories again (with Al Lewis), and Silver Spring Science Fiction, Root Beer and Go Association.
He was inducted into the Order of St. Fantony in 1962. He was a member of LASFS, the N3F, and the Golden Gate Futurian Society. He was one of the Berkeley Bhoys. He was a member of IPSO and N'APA. He played the role of Wrai Ballard, the Musquite Kid, in Unicorn Productions' The Musquite Kid Rides Again.
He died when his car skidded off an icy road in Wisconsin shortly before he was to marry Lois Lavender in St. Paul. See S. F. Weekly #215 for details. He was remembered at the annual Ellik-Jacobs Memorial Wine & Cheese Party.
- Amazing, thrilling, sexy, astounding, infamous, monsters of neferland and dull, dry, monotonous, analogged scientific fact nefer stories again [early 60s] (with Al Lewis)
- A Propos Du Barean  (with Jim Caughran)
- Barean [late 60s-late 60s]
- Dolor  (with Dave Rike, Carl Brandon, and Terry Carr)
- An Egoboo a Day from All Over [early 60s] (with Terry Carr)
- Fafhrd [1955-58] (for FAPA; with Ed Cox)
- Fanac [1958-1960] (some issues; with Terry Carr)
- FANtastic Story Magazine [1953-56]
- Hirondel 
- Larean [1957-66]
- Malignant 
- Nomad 
- Sarandipity  (with Dean Grennell)
- Shangri L'Affaires  (with Al Lewis)
- Shangri-L'Affaires Holiday Art Supplement [early 60s]
- Silver Spring Science Fiction, Root Beer and Go Association 
- The Squirrel's Tale
- Starfink  (as by Nor Kille)
- Starspinkle [1962-64]
- We Live in a Fanzine Factory  (with Al Lewis)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|