(September 28, 1938 – January 27, 1968)
Ronald Davis Ellik was also known as Ronel and The Squirrel. The latter nickname was given to him early in his fannish career when older fans such as Rick Sneary repeatedly admonished him for his constant "chitterchatter." Ellik took to the nickname, describing his own writing style as "chitterchattery", and Terry Carr had Bjo do cartoons of him depicted as a good-humored squirrel.
He published Fafhrd for FAPA and had long service as an officer. He apparently liked long titles and consequently published Amazing, thrilling, sexy, astounding, infamous, monsters of neferland and dull, dry, monotonous, analogged scientific fact nefer stories again (with Al Lewis), and Silver Spring Science Fiction, Root Beer and Go Association.
He was inducted into the Order of St. Fantony in 1962. He was a member of LASFS, the N3F, and the Golden Gate Futurian Society. He was one of the Berkeley Bhoys. He was a member of IPSO and N'APA. He played the role of Wrai Ballard, the Musquite Kid, in Unicorn Productions' The Musquite Kid Rides Again.
He died when his car skidded off an icy road in Wisconsin shortly before he was to marry Lois Lavender in St. Paul. See S. F. Weekly #215 for details. He was remembered at the annual Ellik-Jacobs Memorial Wine & Cheese Party.
- Amazing, thrilling, sexy, astounding, infamous, monsters of neferland and dull, dry, monotonous, analogged scientific fact nefer stories again (with Al Lewis)
- A Propos Du Barean (with Jim Caughran)
- Dolor (with Dave Rike, Carl Brandon, and Terry Carr)
- An Egoboo a Day from All Over (with Terry Carr)
- Fafhrd (for FAPA)
- Fanac (with Terry Carr)
- FANtastic Story Magazine
- Shangri L'Affaires (with Al Lewis, 1962)
- Shangri-L'Affaires Holiday Art Supplement
- Silver Spring Science Fiction, Root Beer and Go Association
- The Squirrel's Tale
- Starfink (as by Nor Kille)
- We Live in a Fanzine Factory (with Al Lewis)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|