Stephen D. Korshak
(June 1, 1952 –)
Stephen Dedalus Korshak, son of Irene and Erle Korshak, attended his first Worldcon, Philcon II, with his parents in 1953. Based in Orlando, he is a collector of SF and fantasy art and with his wife, Alma, owns the The Korshak Collection of science fiction art. This collection has toured museums throughout the United States, Europe, and Japan. He is an associate member of the First Fandom club, and received the Sam Moskowitz Archive Award in 2016.
He has written the following genre books:
- A Hannes Bok Showcase, (1995)
- A Hannes Bok Treasury, Foreword by Ray Bradbury, (1993)
- The Paintings of J. Allen St. John: Grand Master of Fantasy (2008) with J. David Spurlock)
- From the Pen of Paul: The Fantastic Images of Frank R. Paul (2009)
- The Alluring Art of Margaret Brundage: Queen of the Pulp Pin-Up Art (2013) with J. David Spurlock
In mundane life, he is a lawyer. He received his B.A. from the University of Chicago in 1974 and is a 1980 graduate of John Marshall Law School. He is also a real estate developer (Keller Williams Real Estate) who developed a Publix-anchored shopping center, townhome and condominium developments, a timeshare company and a title insurance company. He and Alma (née Smith) have four children.
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|