The 62nd Worldcon and fourth in Boston, Noreascon 4 was held September 2–6, 2004, at the Hynes Convention Center, Sheraton Boston Hotel and Boston Marriott Copley Place in Boston, MA. GoHs: Terry Pratchett and William Tenn Fan GoHs: Jack Speer and Peter Weston. Chaired by Deb Geisler.
There were two major special items at the convention: First Night, a reimagining of a New Years' celebration to the opening night of Worldcon and a large exhibit of SF art from the period 1950 through 1985.
Noreascon 4 publications and photos on fanac.org.
First Night was the Big Evening Event for the opening night of Noreascon Four in 2004. The idea, proposed by Priscilla Olson, was to do something a lot like Boston's First Night celebration on New Year's Eve: There are events big and small all over downtown Boston and people wander from event to event enjoying themselves.
Leslie wrote an interesting Debriefing of First Night.
Events and Groups:
- Bob Devney and a number of others: FIRST Night TIMES
- Science Fiction Oral History Association: A Hugo Ring Toss
- CascadiaCon: A fish toss game
- Fast Forward: Science Fiction Concentration
- WSFA: A mock election, complete with posters and speeches
- Interaction: AA Tombola (lottery) booth
- Nippon 2007 bid: Demonstrations of origami and ikebana (Japanese flower arranging)
- Arisia: A bouncy castle
- Society for Creative Anachronism: Medieval games and dances
- Dave Cantor and others: Blackjack tables
- Gaming Department: Simple games
- Persis Thorndike: Children's Costuming Corner
- Artist Demos
- Performers from the Mended Drum
- Guy Lillian: DUFF/TAFF reception
- Larry Schroeder, Sue Schroeder, the SCA: Ankh-Morpork Ball
- GoH autograph session
- Phoenix Swords: sword-fighting demonstrations
- Bill Brang; a magician
- face painters
- a caricature artist
- David Grubbs teaching how to juggle
- Tom Farrell brought a theremin
|Torcon 3||Worldcon - Bidding - Hugos||Interaction|
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, locale, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.|