Eidolon won the Ditmar Award for best Australian fanzine/periodical four times (1992, 1993, 1996 and 1998).
It was declared to be "on hiatus" for some time before it was officially ended. It is survived by the eidolist mailing list.
In 2000, the rarely-presented Silver Swan Award was awarded to the editorial team of Eidolon.
Its publisher, small press Eidolon Publications, also published:
- The Mars You Have in Me by Terry Dowling (1992 chapbook)
- The Secret Life of Rubber-Suit Monsters by Robin Pen (1996)
- Going Home Again by Howard Waldrop (1997)
- The Thorn Boy by Storm Constantine (1999)
- Blackwater Days by Terry Dowling (2000)
- Eidolon I, an anthology (2006)
|This is a publication page. Please extend it by adding information about when and by whom it was published, how many issues it has had, (including adding a partial or complete checklist), its contents (including perhaps a ToC listing), its size and repro method, regular columnists, its impact on fandom, or by adding scans or links to scans. See Standards for Publications.|