(???? – )
Australian fan, small press publisher, reviewer, and professional editor. He is particularly known for his excellent theme original anthologies, including the Eclipse series. One of the founders of Eidolon magazine. Reviews editor for Locus since 2002.
Besides venturing into small press publishing with Eidolon Books (in collaboration with Jeremy G. Byrne) and The Coode Street Press, himself, Strahan appears to have inspired both Russell B. Farr of Ticonderoga Publications, who was a roommate (or housemate) of his, and Alisa Krasnostein of Twelfth Planet Press, who is a cousin of his, into becoming small press publishers.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- nominated for the Best Editor, Short Form Hugo in 2008-2013 and the Best Fancast Hugo in 2012-2013.
- 2003 -- Ditmar Award for Best Australian Professional Achievement, William Atheling, Jr. Award for Criticism or Review
- 2004 -- Conflux 4
- 2005 -- Peter McNamara Achievement Award
- 2006 -- Special Guest Editor at Conjure
- 2008 -- Ditmar Award for Best Collected Work (tied with Russell B. Farr).
- 2010 -- Special Award, Professional at the World Fantasy Awards ceremony.
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|