Awarded August 23, 1970 by Heicon '70.
Heicon's categories were the same as St. Louiscon's except that by vote of the WSFS Business Meeting at St. Louiscon, starting in 1970 the Best Novelette category was merged into the Best Short Story category.
Heicon published the complete order of finish in each category.
- Best Novel: The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Best Novella: "Ship of Shadows" by Fritz Leiber
- Best Short Story: "Time Considered as a Helix of Semi-Precious Stones" by Samuel R. Delany
- Best Dramatic Presentation: TV Coverage of Apollo XI
- Best Professional Magazine: The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction ed. by Edward L. Ferman
- Best Professional Artist: Frank Kelly Freas
- Best Fanzine: Science Fiction Review ed. by Richard E. Geis
- Best Fan Writer: Bob Tucker
- Best Fan Artist: Tim Kirk
Oddly, at the first Worldcon held in a non-English-speaking country, the Hugos were for English language (including translations) only. This had been approved by the WSFS Business Meeting at St. Louiscon, the 1969 Worldcon, but was rescinded by the WSFS BM at Heicon.
|1969||Hugos||1971||Search: Fanac, Fan, Pro, SFE, Wikipedia, Reasonator 1970|
|Also involved: Hugo Award - List of Hugos|
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it!|