Second British Convention
Did you mean a different Necronomicon?)
Attendees included: Ken Chapman, Master of Ceremonies: Ted Carnell, H. E. Turner, Professor A. M. Low, Leslie J. Johnson, I. O. Evans, Walter H. Gillings, John Russell Fearn. It was sponsored by the Science Fiction Association.
- Prof. A. M. Low -- The value of SF for society
- Leslie J. Johnson -- Man's quest for something better
- I. O. Evans -- On the evolution of SF
- Walter H. Gillings -- About the difficulties in starting a British prozine
- Douglas W. F. Mayer -- SF as a socialological benefactor
- Benson Herbert -- Blather about "Zukunftsstreben"
- John Russell Fearn -- Something like a GoH speech
- William F. Temple -- "The Diary of a Supper"
- Messages from Overseas -- Messages in support of the convention
See Early Conventions.
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, locale, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.|