(January 14, 1921 – December 16, 2005)
Henry Kenneth Bulmer, a British BNF, was TAFF delegate in 1955, attending the Clevention. His trip report, TAFF Tales was published by Ella Parker in Orion between February 1959 and April 1961, with an earlier article published in the Christmas 1955 issue of Vin¢ Clarke's Science Fantasy News. He married Ron Buckmaster’s sister, Pam, on March 7, 1953; they had three children and divorced in 1981.
A prodigiously prolific author, Bulmer used numerous pseudonyms over the course of his career, including Alan Burt Akers and Manning Norvil. His 53-book long Dray Prescott series was originally published as by Akers and later under the protagonist's name. In addition to science fiction, Bulmer also wrote westerns and historical adventures.
- Entry in The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction.
- BECCON '83 produced a 52-page booklet about him.
- Bibliography at ISFDB.
- Obituary, The Guardian, December 22, 2005.
- Star Parade
- Fantasy Post (with Arthur Williams)
- Vignette  (for OMPA)
- Wappoted (with Walt Willis)
- Ziz (for OMPA with Pamela Bulmer)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1955 -- TAFF
- 1965 -- Knight of St. Fantony
- 1968 -- Thirdmancon
- 1973 -- Novacon 3
- 1974 -- SfanCon 5
- 1976 -- MC of Fantasycon II
- 1977 -- MC of Fantasycon 3
- 1979 -- Shoestringcon 1
- 1983 -- BECCON '83, MC of Fantasycon VIII
- 1984 -- Cymrucon 1984
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|