Awarded September 2, 1973 by Torcon 2.
Torcon 2 published the order of only the first three places in each category, leaving the order of the later finishers sometimes in doubt.
There were three significant changes to the Hugo categories which came into effect at Torcon 2: First, the Best Professional Magazine category was renamed the Best Professional Editor category. Secondly, the Best Novelette category was again split out of the Best Short Story category, reversing the change made at Heicon '70. Thirdly (not strictly a Hugo category, but best dealt with alongside them), the Campbell Award was established.
- Best Novel: The Gods Themselves by Isaac Asimov
- Best Novella: "The Word for World is Forest" by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Best Novelette: "Goat Song" by Poul Anderson
- Best Short Story: (tie) "Eurema's Dam" by R. A. Lafferty and "The Meeting" by Frederik Pohl and C. M. Kornbluth
- Best Dramatic Presentation: Slaughterhouse-Five
- Best Professional Editor: Ben Bova
- Best Professional Artist: Frank Kelly Freas
- Best Fanzine: Energumen ed. by Mike Glicksohn and Susan Wood Glicksohn
- Best Fan Writer: Terry Carr
- Best Fan Artist: Tim Kirk
- Campbell Award: Jerry Pournelle
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it! See Standards for Awards.|