Jump to navigation Jump to search
(January 5, 1957 –)
Garth Spencer is a Canadian fan who entered fandom in the late 1970s by joining SFAV, the Science Fiction Association of Victoria in British Columbia. He was editor of FTA/Phoenix, its clubzine, in the 1980s.
His first publication was his perzine Scuttlebutt, which ran for eight issues in 1981. He is the only original member of e-APA still publishing in it. He compiled the Canadian Fancyclopedia. From 2000–2009 he edited the BCSFA's clubzine, BCSFAzine. Issue #429 (dated February, 2009) was his last issue as editor.
He has worked on a variety of conventions, including VCON and others in the Pacific Northwest.
He currently lives in Vancouver.
- The Art of Garthness
- BCSFAzine [2000–2009]
- Cause Celebre
- The Central Ganglion
- Enter the Lists 
- FTA/Phoenix [1980s]
- I Guess You Had to Be There
- Maple Leaf Rag
- One Swell Foop
- The Royal Swiss Navy Gazette
- Scuttlebutt 
- Sercon Popcult Litcrit Fanmag
- The World According to Garth.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1986 -- Aurora Award for Fanzine for Maple Leaf Rag
- 1999 -- CUFF
- 2006 -- Aurora Award for Fanzine for Royal Swiss Navy Gazette
- 2011 -- Faned Award for Best Canadian Fan Writer
- 2022 -- CGoH at Corflu 39
- 2023 -- CUFF
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|