1944 Retro Hugos
(Redirected from 1944-retro-hugo-results)Jump to navigation Jump to search
The 1944 Retro Hugos for work published in 1943 were presented at Dublin 2019, the 2019 Worldcon. FANAC produced a sample of eligible fanzines from 1943. The trophy base was designed by Eleanor Wheeler.
- Best Novel: Conjure Wife, by Fritz Leiber (Unknown Worlds, April 1943)
- Best Novella: The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Reynal & Hitchcock)
- Best Novelette: Mimsy Were the Borogoves by Lewis Padgett (C. L. Moore & Henry Kuttner) (Astounding Science-Fiction, February 1943)
- Best Short Story: “King of the Gray Spaces” (“R is for Rocket”), by Ray Bradbury (Famous Fantastic Mysteries, December 1943)
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Long Form: Heaven Can Wait, written by Samson Raphaelson, directed by Ernst Lubitsch (20th Century Fox)
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, written by Curt Siodmak, directed by Roy William Neill (Universal Pictures)
- Best Editor, Short Form: John W. Campbell, Jr.
- Best Professional Artist: Virgil Finlay
- Best Fanzine: Le Zombie, editor Wilson “Bob” Tucker
- Best Fan Writer: Forrest J Ackerman
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it! See Standards for Awards.|