Awarded September 3, 1968 by Baycon.
This appears to be one of the first (if not the first) Worldcon to use a preferential ballot in Hugo voting. Baycon seems to have had a very schizophrenic attitude towards releasing the order of finish in the various categories. The always listed the second place finisher, but only sometimes did they list third place, and they did not rank anything that finished lower than third place.
- Best Novel: Lord of Light by Roger Zelazny
- Best Novella: (tie) "Riders of the Purple Wage" by Philip Jose Farmer and "Weyr Search" by Anne McCaffrey
- Best Novelette: "Gonna Roll the Bones" by Fritz Leiber
- Best Short Story: "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" by Harlan Ellison
- Best Dramatic Presentation: Star Trek - "The City on the Edge of Forever"
- Best Professional Magazine: If ed. by Frederik Pohl
- Best Professional Artist: Jack Gaughan
- Best Fanzine: Amra ed. by George H. Scithers
- Best Fan Writer: Ted White
- Best Fan Artist: George Barr
Also involved: - 1968-hugo-results - Hugo Award - List of Hugo categories - List of Hugos - Nolazine: A Retrospective
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it!|