Golden Caterpillar Awards
Joke awards, and a few more serious ones, presented by Paul Stevens.
- John Bangsund for Most Optimistic Fan of the Year
- John Foyster for The Fan with the Biggest Beard
- David Grigg for The Most Productive Fan of 1970
- Jean Weber for furthering relations between the sexes through her article "How to Handle a Woman"
(presented at Syncon '83)
- June Taubman for Tactful Remark of the Year
- Merv Binns for Soliciting Business for the Australian and the International Telecommunications Networks
- Julie Vaux for Services to word-of-mouth Advertising
- Peter Toluzzi for doing what he did to Australian fandom and then getting out in time
- John Packer for Services to "triffids" and for redefining the word "vermin"
- Leigh Edmonds for Successful integration into the middle classes
- Special Award to the Advertising Department of Granada Publishing for their advertising of "Bladerunner"
(presented at Eureka!con)
- Michael Hailstone for his letters to ASFN
- John Alderson for putting the 'ist' into 'sexist'
- Cath McDonnell for her contributions to equal opportunity
- Daniel Heap for carrying on the Jeff Harris tradition of misuse of rubber chickens
- a Common Marmoset
- Diana Hawthorn for uncovering the cover
and one 'nice' Golden Caterpillar Award to
- 'Transfinite AudioVisuals' for their selfless contribution to Australian conventions
(presented at Aussiecon Two)
(presented at Swancon XI)
- Ian Nichols for the unknown deed that made him think he should have won an award at Aussiecon II
- John Hall-Freeman for being crazy enough to open a science fiction bookshop and then proving the charge by opening another one
- Grant Stone for starting the fannish baby boom
- Barbara de la Hunty for her expos@<é>@ at an Aussiecon II room party which showed exactly what Perth fans are made of
- Jack Herman for having the courage of his convictions
- Jeff Harris for the Texas Chainsaw Business Meeting, Adelaide 1985
the 'Rat Leaving the Ship' award to
- Justin Ackroyd
and "Good Guy Awards" to
(presented at Swancon 14)
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it!|