Arthur D. Hlavaty
United States Fan writer, editor, and publisher who lives in the New York area with Bernadette Bosky and Kevin Maroney. He has been a member of many, many apas: WOOF), Mixed Company, SFPA, APA-69, FAPA, Golden APA, DAAPA, apa-nu, Myriad, MISHAP, AZAPA, MINNEAPA, FreFanZine, APA-Q, SAPS, and LASFAPA.
Contributor: The St. James Guide to Science Fiction, The Encyclopedia of Fantasy and Science Fiction Literature, The Westerfilk Collection, The New York Review of Science Fiction, Fantasy Review, Megavore, Libertarian Review, Mythologies, Janus, Mimosa, Drood Review, and others. Locs almost everywhere.
- The Airfoiled Yarmulka
- Another Remarkable Fanzine (for WOOF)
- The Bloodshot Pyramid
- Bowb (for Mixed Company)
- California Crap.
- Confessions of a Consistent Liar (for SFPA)
- Coprolalia (for APA-69)
- Coyote Notes
- Derogatory Reference
- The Diagonal Relationship
- The Dillinger Relic
- Disinformation (for FAPA)
- Exile (for SWAPA)
- Fan-Shaped Destiny (for Golden APA)
- Golden Solicitation (for Golden APA)
- An Intraview with Arthur D. Hlavaty 
- Lines of Occurrence
- Grassy Knoll for DAAPA)
- Gruad's Plan (for apa-nu)
- How Dry I Am (for Myriad)
- Lies Spoken Here (for MISHAP)
- Lopophora williamsii (for AZAPA)
- Minie Ball (for MINNEAPA)
- Mixed Premises, (for FreFanZine)
- Nice Distinctions (for FAPA)
- Questionable (for APA-Q)
- Scopophile [early 80s] (for SAPS)
- Uncle Arthur's Bedtime Stories (for LASFAPA).
- The Wile E. Post (for Golden APA)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1981 -- Empiricon 3
- 1982 -- MidSouthCon 2
- 1986 -- Sci-Con 8
- 1988 -- Contraption
- 1989 -- Conosaurus.
- 2002 -- Minicon 37
- 2014 -- Detcon 1
- Nominated for the Best Fan Writer Hugo in 1980 -- 1991.
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|