This was the third year the Hugos were presented, and again there was no shortlist of nominations but there was a vote of the membership to select the winners. (See Early Hugo voting.) The NyCon II committee again significantly changed the Hugo categories re-adding (with name changes) some awarded by Philcon II in 1953 and dropped by the Clevention, but also retaining some of the categories created by the Clevention.
- 1956 Best Novel Hugo: Double Star by Robert A. Heinlein
- 1956 Best Novelette Hugo: "Exploration Team" by Murray Leinster
- 1956 Best Short Story Hugo: "The Star" by Arthur C. Clarke
- 1956 Best Professional Magazine Hugo: Astounding Science Fiction ed. by John W. Campbell, Jr.
- 1956 Best Professional Artist Hugo: Frank Kelly Freas
- 1956 Best Fanzine Hugo: Inside and Science Fiction Advertiser ed. by Ron Smith
- 1956 Best Book Reviewer Hugo: Damon Knight
- 1956 Best Feature Writer Hugo: Willy Ley
- 1956 Most Promising New Author Hugo: Robert Silverberg