Presented September 4, 1955 at the Clevention.
This was the second year the Hugos were presented, and again there was no shortlist of nominations but there was a vote of the membership to select the winners. (See Early Hugo voting.) The Clevention committee significantly changed the Hugo categories from those inaugurated by Philcon II in 1953.
The somewhat odd result for Best Novel was apparently due to a bloc vote by Astounding readers who were appalled that a Galaxy (not really an sf magazine at all. Hmmph) did so well, tieing ASF for Best Prozine and doing well in other categories as well.. Since there were so few voters in those days, they were successful.
- Best Novel Hugo: They'd Rather Be Right by Mark Clifton and Frank Riley
- Best Novelette Hugo: "The Darfsteller" by Walter M. Miller, Jr.
- Best Short Story Hugo: "Allamagoosa" by Eric Frank Russell
- Best Professional Magazine Hugo: Astounding Science Fiction ed. by John W. Campbell, Jr.
- Best Professional Artist Hugo: Frank Kelly Freas
- Best Fanzine Hugo: Fantasy Times ed. by James V. Taurasi, Sr. and Ray Van Houten
|1954||Hugos||1956||Reasonator Search 1955|
|Also involved: 1953 Hugos - 1954 Retro Hugos - Hugo Award - List of Hugo categories - List of Hugos|
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it!|