(???? -- )
Theresa Mather is a professional artist who has been working since 1989, although she points out that she's been drawing since she could hold a pencil. She chooses to work outside of gaming and publication, exhibiting and selling her work at SF convention art shows across the country. She and her husband Barry Short reside in Cedar City, Utah.
Theresa began her career with suites of replacement paintings for five antique carousels, plus some additional paintwork on a sixth. Two of these carousels are currently in permanent locations, one in Coeur d'Alene, ID, and a second located at Seaport Village in San Diego, CA. Another, formerly at Chase Palm Park in Santa Barbara, is slated for installation at the planned carousel museum in The Dalles, OR.
Theresa exhibits at over 70 shows each year and is the recipient of many awards, including Popular Choice Best of Show at ConJosé, the 2002 Worldcon.
Also, just for the record: the last name is Mather, not Mathers. Think Cotton, not Jerry.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 2002 -- RadCon 3B, Baycon 2002
- 2004 -- Opus
- 2005 -- ConQuesT 36, TusCon 32
- 2006 -- Con*Stellation XXV, DucKon XV, Chattacon XXXI, ConDor XIII, Life, the Universe, & Everything 24
- 2007 -- DemiCon 18, Gnomeward Bound, Loscon 34
- 2008 -- CONduit 18, ConClave 33
- 2009 -- Mobicon 12
- 2010 -- Lunacon 53, Rustycon 2010
- 2011 -- MileHiCon 43, LibertyCon 24, WillyCon XIII, Keycon 28
- 2012 -- MarsCon 2012 (VA)
- 2013 -- MisCon 27, NukeCon 2013
- 2014 -- Apollocon 2014, Chessiecon 2014
- 2016 -- Westercon 69
- 2017 -- TusCon 44
- 2018 -- MileHiCon 50
- 2023 -- Coastcon 46
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|