Stockon 5 was held in Stockholm, Sweden on April 17-19, 1965 (ending on a Monday). Because of the long gaps between conventions in Sweden at the time, the turnout was small, about 25 people. It was chaired by John-Henri Holmberg and run by a small group of fans within the Swedish SF Convention Society who wanted to see more conventions in Sweden.
The program included:
- A panel discussion on "Different Conceptions of Life"
- A panel discussion on what could be done to save Stf in Sweden
- There were some science-related items, included discussion between two astronomers on the possibility of intelligent life on other worlds, and a lecture on prehistoric animals
- Some 8mm movies were shown
- An auction raised about $100
- Sam Lundwall, singing songs from his forthcoming filk album, got rave reviews
|Stockon 4||Stockon||Stockon 6|
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, locale, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.|