Stephen R. Donaldson
(Redirected from Stephen Donaldson)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Stephen Reeder Donaldson is an SF, fantasy, and mystery author, most famous for his fantasy series "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant." He has also written a series of space opera novels known as "The Gap Series."
He received a bachelor's degree from The College of Wooster and a master's degree from Kent State University. He currently lives in New Mexico.
Donaldson has stated that, when he was younger, he wrote two fan fiction stories, one based on Marvel Comics' Thor. These stories have never been published.
"The Man Who" is a series of mystery novels published under his pseudonym of Reed Stephens.
Entry in The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1979 -- Campbell Award
- 1980 -- MileHiCon 12
- 1981 -- The (Coveted) Balrog Award
- 1982 -- Toastmaster at CONgestion
- 1983 -- Capricon 3, AggieCon XIV, Mythcon XIV, Colorado Mountain Con
- 1984 -- OKon 7, Toastmaster at Con*Tretemps 3
- 1985 -- 1985 World Fantasy Convention, Toastmaster at Eucon '85
- 1987 -- Norcon 7, Life, the Universe, & Everything 5, ICFA 8
- 1988 -- TusCon 15
- 1989 -- Chattacon XIV
- 1991 -- Con-Version 7, 17th World Fantasy Convention, Con-Version VIII, Jack Williamson Lectureship
- 1992 -- Communicon 2
- 1998 -- CopperCon 18
- 2000 -- World Fantasy Award
- 2005 -- Bubonicon 37
- 2010 -- CopperCon 30
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|