(1948 – )
As a high school student in the mid-1960s, Richard Plotz organized one of the first J. R. R. Tolkien clubs in New York City by putting graffiti in the elven script Tengwar on the walls of the Columbia University subway station. With the help of Ian Ballantine, he started the Tolkien Journal and founded the Tolkien Society of America in 1965. He was also an editor of Green Dragon.
Among Tolkienists, he is remembered, as well, as the recipient of the “Plotz Letter” from Tolkien, in which the author detailed different forms of elvish language.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1973 — Mythcon IV
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|