Charles De Vet
(October 28, 1911 – January 5, 1997)
Born in Fayette, Michigan, De Vet earned a bachelor’s degree at Ferris State College in 1938, then attended the University of Michigan from 1938–40 while teaching at various schools. He next became a U.S. Postal Service transport worker, up until his retirement in 1968.
- Papers in the Willis E. McNelly Science Fiction Collection, California State University Fullerton.
- Bibliography at Fiction Mags Index.
- Entry in The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1959 -- 1959 Best Novelette Hugo nominee (with Katherine MacLean)
- 1968 -- Minicon 1
- 1969 -- Minicon 2
- 1991 -- Minnesota Fantasy Award
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|