Jump to navigation Jump to search
(January 4, 1923 – November 27, 2013)
Joseph Arthur “Art” Hayes, the second fan from South Porcupine, Ontario, Canada, was active in the 1950s–70s.
He was a member of several clubs, including the N3F. For the N3F, he edited issues of Tightbeam, Writers' Exchange, and The National Fantasy Fan, was OE of N'APA, and chaired the club's Welcommittee. He published Len Collins' Science Fiction Collections Index for the Collector's Bureau. He won the club's Kaymar Award in 1963.
He worked at the Bicroft Uranium Mines and had a wife named Florice (or Florise) Jeanne Hayes (birth surname currently unknown to us).
- Photo at St. Louiscon, 1969.
- Photo of Art at work (undated).
- Memorial with additional photos.
- The Explorer [1949-59] (for the ISFCC)
- Guano [1960s-early 70s] (for N'APA)
- Marsolo (for OMPA)
- Art Hayes
- The National Fantasy Fan (some issues)
- Pack Rat
- Tightbeam (some issues)
- Writers' Exchange (some issues)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1963 — Kaymar Award
- ↑ Arthur Hayes at Find a Grave
- ↑ Her memorial says Florise; her grave marker says Florice; one obituary indexed but never archived said her middle name was Jeanne.
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|