NYSFCircle, officially the New York Science Fiction Circle -- was a club in New York City which dissolved in 1958 and was replaced by the Metrofen. It was known as just "Circle." It originally met at the home of Jean Carrol, but in late 1953 had its meetings in Werderman’s Hall in Manhattan. Next, the club moved to Riverside Dive in 1955.
In 1956, it fell apart in the wake of NyCon II. All three officers — Art Saha, Bill Donaho and Danny Curran — resigned and told the rest that the club could no longer meet at Riverside Dive. A reorganization made David MacDonald director, Carole Ingersoll treasurer and Dave Van Ronk secretary.
|This is a club page. Please extend it by adding information about when and where the club met, when and by whom it was founded, how long it was active, notable accomplishments, well-known members, clubzines, any conventions it ran, external links to the club's website, other club pages, etc.
When there's a floreat (Fl.), this indicates the time or times for which we have found evidence that the club existed. This is probably not going to represent the club's full lifetime, so please update it if you can!