John D. MacDonald
(July 24, 1916 – December 28, 1986)
John Dann MacDonald, JDM, primarily an author of crime and suspense novels, wrote a few memorable SF works, some of which were written under the pseudonyms John Wade Farrell and Peter Reed. He is remembered primarily for his popular mystery series about Travis McGee. His novel, The Executioner, was filmed twice as Cape Fear.
As a young man, he was a member of the Central New York Science-Fantasy Society.
His SF included:
- 1951 — Wine of the Dreamers (reprinted as Planet of the Dreamers)
- 1952 — Ballroom of the Skies
- 1962 — The Girl, the Gold Watch & Everything
- 1978 — Other Times, Other Worlds (SF stories chosen by MacDonald and Martin H. Greenberg)
- 1980 — Time and Tomorrow (an omnibus of MacDonald's three SF novels)
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|