Joke awards, and a few more serious ones, presented by Paul Stevens.
- John Bangsund for Most Optimistic Fan of the Year
- John Foyster for The Fan with the Biggest Beard
- David Grigg for The Most Productive Fan of 1970
- Jean Weber for furthering relations between the sexes through her article "How to Handle a Woman"
(presented at Syncon '83)
- June Taubman for Tactful Remark of the Year
- Merv Binns for Soliciting Business for the Australian and the International Telecommunications Networks
- Julie Vaux for Services to word-of-mouth Advertising
- Peter Toluzzi for doing what he did to Australian fandom and then getting out in time
- John Packer for Services to "triffids" and for redefining the word "vermin"
- Leigh Edmonds for Successful integration into the middle classes
- Special Award to the Advertising Department of Granada Publishing for their advertising of "Bladerunner"
(presented at Eureka!con)
- Michael Hailstone for his letters to ASFN
- John Alderson for putting the 'ist' into 'sexist'
- Cath McDonnell for her contributions to equal opportunity
- Daniel Heap for carrying on the Jeff Harris tradition of misuse of rubber chickens
- a Common Marmoset
- Diana Hawthorn for uncovering the cover
and one 'nice' Golden Caterpillar Award to
- 'Transfinite AudioVisuals' for their selfless contribution to Australian conventions
(presented at Aussiecon Two)
(presented at Swancon XI)
- Ian Nichols for the unknown deed that made him think he should have won an award at Aussiecon II
- John Hall-Freeman for being crazy enough to open a science fiction bookshop and then proving the charge by opening another one
- Grant Stone for starting the fannish baby boom
- Barbara de la Hunty for her exposé at an Aussiecon II room party which showed exactly what Perth fans are made of
- Jack Herman for having the courage of his convictions
- Jeff Harris for the Texas Chainsaw Business Meeting, Adelaide 1985
the 'Rat Leaving the Ship' award to
- Justin Ackroyd
and "Good Guy Awards" to
(presented at Swancon 14)
|This is a stub page. If you know something that can add to it, please do so!|