(February 8, 1938 -- August 31, 2015)
Cuyler W. (Ned) Brooks, Jr. was a long-time fan and collector. He maintained extensive, meticulously organized collections of books, fanzines and typewriters, at one point removing the usual equipment of his kitchen in order to house his typer collection, which he dubbed the Beroaldus Cosmopolita Museum.
He was a member of N3F. He won the N3F's Kaymar Award in 1972 and the SFC's Rebel Award in 1976 and Rubble Award in 1992. He was one of the founders of Slanapa (Off to DeepSouthCon). He was a member of the Hampton Roads SF Association and published The Liberated Quark for it.
In the mid-1960s he edited the N3F's fanzine, Collector's Bulletin, and in 1966 he was a member of the club's Directorate. He seems to have organized Hark!Con in 1978 and was a member of the Fellowship of the Purple Tongue, a Norfolk club in the early ’60s. He published Guinevere and Lancelot and others by Arthur Machen under the imprint of the Purple Mouth Press.
Brooks died at age 77 when he fell from his roof while doing repairs.
- Adzine for Addicts 
- Conned Out  for Slanapa)
- Down with Reality [late 60s] (for N'APA)
- Fellowship of the Purple Tongue and the Magical Folding Easter Egg 
- Harosfa Journal [early 70s] (for Slanapa)
- It Comes in the Mail [1972-78]
- It Goes on the Shelf [1985-2005]
- The Liberated Quark (some issues)
- The Mae Strelkov Trip Report  (with Sam Long)
- The New Newport News News [late 60s]
- The New Port News [1967-2000] (for SFPA)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1972 -- Kaymar Award
- 1976 -- Rebel Award
- 1978 -- Rivercon IV
- 1992 -- Rubble Award
- 2001 -- DeepSouthCon 39
- 2016 -- Sam Moskowitz Archive Award (posthumous)
|Person||Search: Fanac, Fan, Pro, SFE, Wikipedia, Reasonator 1938—2015|
|Also involved with: Rick Brooks - Steve Hughes - The Collector's Bulletin - Tom Cockcroft - Tomorrow And...|
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|