(Did you mean MiniCon III, a Denver-area convention?)
Minicon 3 was a convention held April 3-5, 1970 at the Dyckman Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. Guests of Honor: Poul Anderson, Gordon Dickson and Clifford Simak.
It was chaired by Jim Young. Attendance was 130.
- FRIDAY, April 3
- Noon: Coronation Room (Art and Huckster's Room) Open, Regency Room (main hall): Registration open; Movies until 6:00 P.M.
- 6:00 P.M.: Opening Session Introduction of Notables
- 6:30 P.M.: The Origin of the Hokas -- Gordon Dickson and Possible Special Guest
- 7:30 P.M. - 1:00 A.M.: Movies and Partying (different rooms)
- SATURDAY, April 4
- 11:00 A.M.: Registration; Art and Huckster's Room Open
- Noon: Announcements
- 12:15 P.M.: Dialogue - "Where is SF Going?" -- Gordon Dickson and Clifford Simak
- 1:30 P.M.: "What Makes A Good Fantasy?" -- Lin Carter, Donald Wandrei, and hopefully August Derleth
- 3:00 - 4:00 P.M.: Auction
- 4:00 - 6:00 P.M.: Break
- 6:30 P.M.: Banquet -- (Only members who have paid for banquet tickets will be admitted to the banquet area at this time)
- 8:00 P.M.: Awards Presentation -- (Everyone allowed into the banquet area)
- 8:30 P.M.: Minneapolis Fantasy Society Panel, with as many of the members of our club's predecessor as can fit on stage
- 9:30 P.M.: Movies and Partying
- SUNDAY, April 5
- 11:00 A.M.: Morris Dollens Astronomical Slide Show
- Noon: Auction
- 1:00 P.M.: "What to do Until the Worldcon Comes": reports on various regional conventions
- 2:00 P.M.: "What's What With the Minicon": final reports on the convention, plus audience response -- suggestions on how to better the convention
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, location, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.