Minicon 2 was held April 4-6, 1969 at the Andrews Hotel in Minneapolis. Guests of Honor: Gordon Dickson, Charles De Vet and Clifford Simak. As with Minicon 1, Carl Jacobi was also advertised as a GoH, but didn't make it.
Jim Young was chairman. Pre-reg was 48 and total membership was 115.
The program taken from the Program Book:
- FRIDAY APRIL 4, 1969
- 6:00-9:00 P.M. REGISTRATION DESK OPEN
- 6:00-10:00 P.M. WELCOME ROOM OPEN
- 8:00-11:00 P.M. MAIN HALL OPEN "Metropolis" will be shown
- 10:00-(?) MINN-STF SUITE OPEN General Partying
- SATURDAY APRIL 5, 1969
- 10:00-5:00 REGISTRATION DESK OPEN
- around 10:00 or 11:00 A.M. and closed at 10:00 P.M. WELCOME ROOM OPEN
- 1:00 OPENING OF THE CONVENTION Introductions and Announcements of Note
- 1:45 PANEL DISCUSSION WITH GUESTS OF HONOR: "How did you discover Science Fiction?"
- 4:00-6:00 P.M. DINNER BREAK:
- Slide-shows may be given this night
- SUITE: Partying
- SUNDAY APRIL 6, 1969
- open from noon to 9:00 ARTSHOW and BOOKSELLING
- briefly around noon REGISTRATION DESK OPEN
- SUITE: Talk, some food and refreshments
- WELCOME ROOM: Talk, playings of old radio dramas and readings
- 1:00 Presentation of the Popular Art Award
- 1:15 A slide show on Star Trek, hosted by Ruth Berman
- THE CONVENTION WILL BE OFFICIALLY CLOSED AT 3:30
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, location, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.