A British fanwriter, artist, and editor active since 1975. His first con was SEACON 75, the 1975 Eastercon, and he was a member of the Newport SF Group, Friends in Space (as a founder), and the Fanhattonites. He married fellow fan Avedon Carol in 1985.
He was TAFF winner in 1984, and FGoH (along with Avedon Carol) at Contrivance, the 1989 Eastercon. He was a contributor of fannish entries for the 1993 edition of Clute & Nicholls's The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction.
Hansen is a major British fan historian, publishing Then, a fanzine and website devoted to fan history; a much expanded book and ebook edition appeared in 2016 as Then: Science Fiction Fandom in the UK 1930-1980. He was brought to FanHistoriCon 6 (held in conjunction with Boskone 32) in 1997 by a special FanHistoriCon Fan Fund. He has edited several further fanhistorical ebooks for Ansible Editions, including the fanthology volumes Then Again: A UK Fanhistory Reader 1930-1979 (2019) – a companion volume to Then with joint editorial credit to Vin¢ Clarke (who selected many of the included articles before his death) – Challenging Moskowitz: 1930s Fandom Revisited (2019) and Homefront: Fandom in the UK 1939-1945 (2020).
- Born in the UK (for APA of the Damned)
- Creative Random Harris  (with Dave Langford)
- Crank (with ted White)
- The Fanhattonite
- Fish Helmet (for Frank's APA)
- gdo (for Men's APA)
- Licks (for FAPA)
- The Martin Chronicles
- Mojo Bag (for Secret Garden)
- Now Read On -- A Collection of Recent British Fanwriting  (fanthology)
- On the TAFF Trail
- Retro (for FHAPA)
- The Story So Far
- Two Otherwise Blank Pages (for APA SF&F)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1982 -- Nova Award for Best Fanzine for Epsilon and Best Fanartist
- 1984 -- TAFF, European Science Fiction Award for Best Fanzine for Epsilon.
- 1989 -- Contrivance
- 1997 -- FanHistoriCon Fan Fund
- 2013 -- Corflu Fifty
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|