Charles R. Tanner
(February 17, 1896 – January 9, 1974)
He was one of the charter members of The National Fantasy Fan Federation in 1941 and co-editor of The National Fantasy Fan 1946–47. He was honorary chairman of the Cinvention in 1949 (Don Ford carried out the duties). He was one of the editors of The Cincy Report.
He was married to Frances Tanner; they had three children. He served as a private in the Army in World War I. In mundane life, Charley was a color technician for Formica Corp. He retired in 1961 and the Tanners moved to California. He is buried at Los Angeles National Cemetery next to Frances.
- Entry in The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction.
- The Writings of Charles Tanner with biographical information.
- Founding Member article in May 2017 National Fantasy Fan.
- FindaGrave entry.
- The Cincy Report
- The National Fantasy Fan from 1946-1947
- The Science Fiction World  (one issue, with Dale Tarr)
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc. See Standards for People and The Naming of Names.|