Fan, filker and con-runner. Roper co-founded Dodeka Records with his wife, Gretchen Roper, received the Pegasus Award three times, and was inducted into the Filk Hall of Fame in 2000. He has chaired the Windycon science fiction convention three times as well as Whatcon and worked on Chicon IV, Chicon V, and Chicon 2000, the last as the head of the Exhibits Division. He was a former member of ChUSFA (and its Bentley and editor of its Chimaeran Review) and the SIU Science Fiction Society (and a former President and editor of its Collapzine).
Roper is a longtime board member of ISFiC and since 2004, he has been the business manager for ISFiC Press. In 2012 he took over as publisher of the press. He and his wife also huckster at many conventions as The Secret Empire. He has been a regular at Thursday.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1986 — Perpetual ConFusion
- 1987 — Pegasus Award for Best Schtick: "Unreality Warp/Kinda Mediocre, Actually" (with Clif Flynt)
- 1988 — OVFF 4, Pegasus Award for Best Filk Song: "Wind From Rainbow's End"
- 1989 — ConChord 5
- 1990 — ChambanaCon 20
- 1993 — Conterpoint 1993
- 1995 — DucKon 5
- 1997 — OVFF 13
- 2000 — Filk Hall of Fame
- 2002 — Toastmaster at ChambanaCon 32
- 2003 — Capricon 23, OVFF 19, Pegasus Award for Best Original Humorous Song: "My Husband The Filker" (with Gretchen Roper)
- 2004 — Sixteen Tones
- 2008 — Official Filk Waif at FilKONtario 18
- 2009 — ConCertino 2009, GAFilk 11
- 2014 — Featured Filker at Boskone 51, Conjecture 2014 / ConChord 26
- 2016 — Balticon 50
|This is a stub biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|