Say Da to Moscow
A hoax Worldcon bid run by Mike and Christa Sinclair which ran in the late ’80s allegedly to bring the Worldcon to the USSR. The bid was Communist Party/USSR themed, gave out "passports," poured a lot of vodka, and was generally pretty funny.
It started at a Midwestcon when they noticed that the upcoming Worldcon bid parties seemed dull and Christa Sinclair made a joke about the current summit meeting in Reykjavik that it was a GorbyCon. One thing led to another and soon a flyer for Say Da to Moscow appeared on the freebie table.
Bid committee members included:
- "Mikhail Sinclair" -- Party Theoretician and General Secretary
- Bruce Pelz -- Hotel Liaison
- Tony Ubelhor -- Minister of Propaganda
- Maureen Dorris -- Minister of Defensive Camouflage
- Jack Reed -- Chronicler Emeritus
- Genny Dazzo -- Party Member
- Jon Stopa -- Agent
- Joni Stopa -- Agent
|1980s Site Selection||1980s|
Also involved: - Hoax bid - Say-da-to-moscow - Worldcon Bid
|This is page about convention bids. Please extend it by adding information about who was bidding, officers, committee list, what they were bidding for, who their opponents were, and who won|