Rocket to the Morgue
A mystery novel by Anthony Boucher (originally published as a hardback by Duell, Sloan & Pearce and as a paperback by Phantom Mystery in 1942 under his H. H. Holmes pseudonym), in which members of an SF writer's organization play a major role. The organization (and the writers) are thinly disguised versions of the Mañana Literary Society and several of its members, including Robert A. Heinlein, Jack Williamson, L. Ron Hubbard, John W. Campbell, Jack Parsons, and Edmond Hamilton. The book was dedicated: "For the Mañana Literary Society and in particular for Robert Heinlein and Cleve Cartmill"
The People Behind the Characters:
- Anthony Boucher -- Anthony Boucher!
- Austin Carter -- Robert A. Heinlein
- Hugo Chantrelle -- Jack Parsons
- Matt Duncan -- composite of Cleve Cartmill and Henry Kuttner
- M. Halstead Phynn -- Julius Schwartz
- Joe Henderson -- composite of Jack Williamson and Edmond Hamilton
- Anson Macdonald -- Robert A. Heinlein
- Lyle Monroe -- Robert A. Heinlein
- William Runcible -- T. Bruce Yerke
- Don Stuart -- John W. Campbell
- Arthur Waring -- Tom Wright
- D. Vance Wimpole -- L. Ron Hubbard
Note that several of these names (Anthony Boucher, Anson Macdonald, Lyle Monroe, Don Stuart) are actual pseudonyms of the people in question.
|Publication||Search: Fanac, Fan, Pro, SFE, Wikipedia, Reasonator 1942|
|Other contributors:John W. Campbell, Jr.|
|This is a publication page. Please extend it by adding information about when and by whom it was published, how many issues it has had, (including adding a partial or complete checklist), its contents (including perhaps a ToC listing), its size and repro method, regular columnists, its impact on fandom, or by adding scans or links to scans.|