R. A. Lafferty
(1914 – 2002)
Raphael Aloysius Lafferty was a SF and fantasy writer known for his original use of language. He usually signed his work R. A. Lafferty.
Lafferty also wrote a set of four autobiographical novels, a history book, and a number of novels that could be called historical fiction.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1973 -- Best Short Story Hugo for "Eurema's Dam"
- 1977 -- OKon 1
- 1987 -- OKon 10
- 1990 -- World Fantasy Lifetime Achievement Award.
- 2002 -- Cordwainer Smith Rediscovery Award.
- 2003 -- Memorial Guest at Readercon 15
- several Hugo nominations
- His collection Lafferty in Orbit was nominated for a World Fantasy Award
- Several Nebula Award nominations
|Also involved with: Riverside Quarterly - United Mythologies Press|
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|