SFWA Nebula Conference 2016
The weekend included numerous panels and receptions each evening, a mass autographing session open to the public, and a visit to the Special Collection at Northern Illinois University curated by Lynne Thomas. SFWA partnered with the Chicago Bar Association to provide a series of talks on Intellectual Property during the Nebula Conference. The weekend took place concurrently with the Book Expo America, also in Chicago, where SFWA also maintained a presence.
The Nebula Awards were presented at a banquet on May 14, toastmastered by John Hodgman.
- Novel: Uprooted, by Naomi Novik
- Novella: Binti, by Nnedi Okorafor
- Novelette: "Our Lady of the Open Road," by Sarah Pinsker
- Short Story: "Hungry Daughters of Starving Mothers," by Alyssa Wong
- Ray Bradbury Award for Outstanding Dramatic Presentation: Mad Max: Fury Road, written by George Miller, Brendan McCarthy, Nick Lathouris
- Andre Norton Award for Young Adult Science Fiction and Fantasy: Updraft, by Fran Wilde
- 2016 Damon Knight Grand Master Award: C. J. Cherryh
- Solstice Awards: Terry Pratchett
- Kevin O'Donnell Jr. Service Award: Lawrence M. Schoen
|Nebula Award Weekend 2015||Nebula Award Weekend||SFWA Nebula Conference 2017|
Also involved: - Nebula-award-weekend-2016
|This is a convention page. Please extend it by adding information about the convention, including dates, GoHs, convention chairman, location, sponsoring organization, external links to convention pages, awards given, the program, notable events, anecdotes, pictures, scans of publications, pictures of T-shirts, con reports, etc.|