(???? -- )
Lloyd Penney is a native and resident of Toronto, and found fandom in late 1977 through a Star Trek club in Victoria, British Columbia.
He moved to Toronto for higher education, and found fandom there, too. He joined TAPA, the local amateur press association, and the Ad Astra convention committee, and for the next 30 years held positions, like dealer room chief, planning head and eventually chairman in 1993 and 1994..
He has also been on committees for other conventions in Toronto (chaired Smofcon 6), Ottawa, Buffalo, Rochester, and other places, and has been connected with various Worldcon bids, especially the Toronto in 2003 Worldcon bid. He was part of the Ditto Fifteen committee.
He's been involved with clubs, cons, and special projects and displays, was a member of the Star Trek Welcommittee for 15 years, and was involved in costuming and masquerade fandom also for about 15 years, but his major interest now is in fanzines. He was OE of WOOF for two years. He's written a number of articles and book and fanzine review columns over the years.
His current interest outside of fanzines is steampunk.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1992 -- MC at Maplecon 13
- 1995 -- Astronomicon 4
- 1998 -- CUFF winner
- 2000 -- Ad Astra 2000, VCON 25, FAAn Award Best Letterhack
- 2002 -- FAAn Award Best Letterhack
- 2003 -- EerieCon 5
- 2005 -- FAAn Award [[Harry Warner, Jr.] Memorial Award for Best Fan Correspondent
- 2007 -- FAAn Award [[Harry Warner, Jr.] Memorial Award for Best Fan Correspondent
- 2009 -- FAAn Award [[Harry Warner, Jr.] Memorial Award for Best Fan Correspondent
- 2010 -- Best Fan Writer Hugo nominee
- 2012 -- Loscon 39
- 2013 -- Fanzine Fanac Awards Society for Best Letterhack
- two Aurora Awards
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|