(???? -- )
Australian fan, small press publisher, reviewer, and professional editor. He is particularly known for his excellent theme original anthologies. One of the founders of Eidolon magazine. Reviews editor for Locus since 2002. Besides venturing into small press publishing with Eidolon Books (in collaboration with Jeremy G. Byrne) and The Coode Street Press, himself, Jonathan Strahan appears to have inspired both Russell B. Farr of Ticonderoga Publications, who was a roommate (or housemate) of his, and Alisa Krasnostein of Twelfth Planet Press, who is a cousin of his, into becoming small press publishers. He has hosted the Live and Sassy and Last Short Story podcasts and is co-host with Gary K. Wolfe of the Hugo-nominated The Coode Street Podcast.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- nominated for the Best Editor, Short Form Hugo in 2008-2013 and the Best Fancast Hugo in 2012-2013.
- 2003 -- Ditmar Award for Best Australian Professional Achievement, William Atheling Jr Award for Criticism or Review
- 2004 -- Conflux 4
- 2005 -- Peter McNamara Achievement Award
- 2006 -- Special Guest Editor at Conjure
- 2008 -- Ditmar Award for Best Collected Work (tied with Russell B. Farr).
- 2010 -- Special Award, Professional at the World Fantasy Awards ceremony.
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|