(???? -- )
Heather Dale is a Canadian Celtic music recording artist and touring musician. She records and performs primarily her own original songs, which draw their inspiration from the folklore, mythology and history of various Celtic and non-Celtic cultures, along with some elements of modern fantasy literature. She leads the Heather Dale Band.
Born and based in Toronto, she began her career by performing at Society for Creative Anachronism historical re-creation events; she has been a medieval-era re-creator since 1993 and is known by the name 'Mistress Marian of Heatherdale' within the group.
Heather released a 120-page story/songbook called The Legends of Arthur in November 2006.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 2004 -- OVFF 20
- 2006 -- Arisia '06
- 2008 -- Contata 5
- 2009 -- Ad Astra 28, FilKONtario 19, Pegasus Award for Best Performer
- 2010 -- VCON 35, Pegasus Award for Best Writer/Composer
- 2011 -- Cre2c3ndo, 6Pi-Con, Pegasus Award for Best Tribute
- 2012 -- Conjecture 2012 / ConChord 24, Balticon 46
- 2013 -- FenCon X, Philcon 2013, Pegasus Award for Best Filk Song
- 2014 -- Marcon 49, FilKONtario 24
- 2015 -- OVFF 31, Back to the ConFusion, Chessiecon 2015
- 2020 -- Ad Astra 2020
Also involved: - Ad Astra 29 - Con*Cept 2009 - Con*Cept 2011 - Consonance 2018 - GAFilk 2022
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|