Dan Simmons is an author most widely known for his award-winning series of SF novels known as the Hyperion Cantos.
The Hyperion Cantos consist of Hyperion (1989), The Fall of Hyperion (1990), Endymion (1996), and The Rise of Endymion (1997).
He also writes horror, fantasy, and mystery stories.
A collection of his short fiction, Worlds Enough and Time, was published in 2002.
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1990 -- Best Novel Hugo for Hyperion
- 1991 -- Hillcon 2, ArmadilloCon 13, I-Con X
- 1993 -- Theodore Sturgeon Memorial Award
- 1997 -- Philcon 1997, ICFA 18
- 2008 -- Norwescon XXXI
- four Bram Stoker Awards, a British Fantasy Award, a British Science Fiction Association Award, an International Horror Guild Award, World Fantasy Awards, and several Locus Awards.
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|