(1927 -- 1999)
Charles "Chuck" Harris (also sometimes called Chuch) was a major British fan, active in fandom from the 1950s until his death. He ran Tentacles Across the Sea with Dean Grennell and was an English member of Irish Fandom.
With Walt Willis he was one of the editors of the distinguished fanzine Hyphen in the 1950s. It was nominated for the 1954 Best Fanzine Retro Hugo, the 1956 Best Fanzine Hugo, the 1957 Best Fanzine Hugo, and the 1959 Best Fanzine Hugo.
He was the subject of the Chuch Harris Appreciation Magazine.
- Goontact (one-shot for OMPA in 1957)
- Harris School of Motoring (for OMPA)
- It's Tycho's Floor in '54 (one-shot, with Ken Slater, for FAPA 64)
- Lonconfidential (one-shot for OMPA and FAPA in 1957 with Vince Clarke, H. P. Sanderson, and Joy Goodwin)
- Meander (for OMPA)
- Off the Cuff for Gertrude (one-shot for FAPA)
- This Goon for Hire (one-shot with John Berry for FAPA)
- Through Darkest Ireland (for FAPA)
- Toto (a multi-editor fanzine)
- Tucker Hotel (a one-shot, multi-editor FAPAzine in 1952)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1954 -- Best Fanzine Retro Hugo nominee
- 1956 -- Best Fanzine Hugo nominee
- 1957 -- Best Fanzine Hugo nominee
- 1959 -- Best Fanzine Hugo nominee
|Person||Search: Fanac, Fan, Pro, SFE, Wikipedia, Reasonator 1927—1999|
|Also involved with: Chux Own - Fancyclopedia 2 - Fanthology '93 - Medcon - The Bleary Eyes|
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|