The Carboniferous Amateur Press Alliance or CarbAPA, an APA founded in 1961 which included the five original members of Fifth Fandom. The original members were Rick Sneary, Len Moffatt, Art Rapp, Ed Cox, and Roy Tackett (and their wives as associate members).
Members in 2018 included Ray Nelson, Barbara Harmon, June Moffatt, Jon D. Swartz, who replaced Howard DeVore, and John L. Coker III who replaced Ben Singer. All of these members were also members of First Fandom, with Coker the First Fandom president.
Contributors and Apazines:
- Bill Blackbeard -- Journal of the V. F. B. M.
- John L. Coker III* -- Caveat Lector
- Ed Cox --
- Howard DeVore --
- Barbara Harmon* -- Discord
- Jim Harmon -- Harmony
- June Moffatt -- June's Notes
- Len Moffatt --
- Ray Nelson* -- Wireline, Cafe Boheme, The Existentialist Eye, Beret, The Berkeley Pops, Stranger, Ray Nelson's New Radio Theatre, Quoth, The Berkeley BOHO, The Berkeley Bohemian, L'll Poo, and The Raven
- Art Rapp --
- Ben Singer --
- Rick Sneary --
- Jon D. Swartz* -- The Ultraverse and Cognitive Dissonance
- Roy Tackett --
Because of the death of some members, and the poor health of others, CAPA was dissolved with the January, 2019 issue of 5X5. A brief history of CAPA and an announcement of its demise appeared in Scientifiction, New Series #58, 4th Quarter, 2018. The members who remained at the end of CAPA's long run were John Coker, Barbara Harmon, and Jon D. Swartz.
The last issue of 5X5, edited by Barbara Harmon, was dated January, 2019 (Whole Number 686). Ray Nelson, who had resigned from CAPA the month before, contributed two cartoons to this final issue.
|This is a publication page. Please extend it by adding information about when and by whom it was published, how many issues it has had, (including adding a partial or complete checklist), its contents (including perhaps a ToC listing), its size and repro method, regular columnists, its impact on fandom, or by adding scans or links to scans.|