(Did you mean the Richard Wilson fanzine?)
(August 21, 1927 -- 1990)
Arthur "ATom" Thomson was a UK fanwriter, artist, and editor, born in Glasgow and raised in London, active since 1954, when he learned of the Surrey Circle (1946-55) and started attending meetings. He used the penname ATom on his artwork. Staff artist on Hyphen (edited by Walt Willis & Chuck Harris) from issue 12 (Dec, 1954), he also contributed cartoons to most fanzines of the day and to the prozine Nebula. Member of the London Circle (1955-59), Science Fiction Club of London (1959-68), and Kent Trufandom (1982-90). He was one of the founders of FWUK.
His artwork graced a wide range of fanzines over a long period -- far too many to list.
TAFF winner in 1964. Won Nova Award for best Fan Artist in 1986 and (posthumously) in 2010. One the 1963 Best Artist and Best Cartoonist awards from the Fan Awards Poll Committee. He was GoH at Boskone 15.
- ATom Abroad
- Atoz (for OMPA)
- The Goon Library
- KTF Xmas Card
- Ron Bennett Appreciation (for OMPA)
- Tomorrow May Be Even Worse.
- Topee or Not Topee (with several others for OMPA)
- Transfan Fun
- Veritas (with John Berry for OMPA)
Awards, Honors and GoHships:
- 1963 -- Fan Awards Poll Committee awards
- 1964 -- TAFF
- 1968 -- Best Fan Artist Hugo nominee
- 1973 -- Best Fan Artist Hugo nominee
- 1974 -- Best Fan Artist Hugo nominee
- 1978 -- Boskone 15
- 1986 -- Nova Award for best fan artist
- 1987 -- Best Fan Artist Hugo nominee
- 2010 -- Nova Award for best fan artist
|Person||Search: Fanac, Fan, Pro, SFE, Wikipedia, Reasonator 1927—1990|
|Also involved with: Boonfark - Fan Awards Poll - Innuendo - Nebula - New Southern Friends in Space - Niekas - Ratatosk - Ron Bennett - Science-Fiction Five-Yearly - Skyrack - TAFF Tales - The Portable Carl Brandon - The Willis Papers - Trap Door - Xero - Yandro|
|This is a biography page. Please extend it by adding more information about the person, such as fanzines and apazines published, awards, clubs, conventions worked on, GoHships, impact on fandom, external links, anecdotes, etc.|