1978 Best Novel Hugo
(Redirected from 1978-best-novel-hugo)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Iguanacon only listed the order of finish for the first three places.
- Gateway by Frederik Pohl (Galaxy Nov, Dec 1976, Mar 1977; St. Martin's Press, 1977)
- The Forbidden Tower by Marion Zimmer Bradley (DAW, 1977)
- Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (Playboy, 1977)
- Time Storm by Gordon R. Dickson (St. Martin's Press, 1977)
- Dying of the Light by George R. R. Martin (Analog Apr, May, Jun, Jul 1977; Simon & Schuster, 1977)
|1977||Best Novel Hugo, 1978 Hugos||1979||Search: Fanac, Fan, Pro, SFE, Wikipedia, Reasonator 1978|
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it!|
Some nominations data leaked out (See File 770 #6 p4 .) (This was a time when people imagined that not reporting the details was meritorious.)
- The Forbidden Tower was one of the top three in terms of nominations.
- In the Ocean of Night placed somewhere in 7th-10th place in nominations.
- There was a significant gap between #5 and #6 place in nominations.