Awarded August 23, 1970 by Heicon '70.
Heicon's categories were the same as St. Louiscon's except that by vote of the WSFS Business Meeting at St. Louiscon, starting in 1970 the Best Novelette category was merged into the Best Short Story category.
Heicon published the complete order of finish in each category.
- Best Novel Hugo: The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
- Best Novella Hugo: "Ship of Shadows" by Fritz Leiber
- Best Short Story Hugo: "Time Considered as a Helix of Semi-Precious Stones" by Samuel R. Delany
- Best Dramatic Presentation Hugo: TV Coverage of Apollo XI
- Best Professional Magazine Hugo: The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction ed. by Edward L. Ferman
- Best Professional Artist Hugo: Frank Kelly Freas
- Best Fanzine Hugo: Science Fiction Review ed. by Richard E. Geis
- Best Fan Writer Hugo: Bob Tucker
- Best Fan Artist Hugo: Tim Kirk
Oddly, at the first Worldcon held in a non-English-speaking country, the Hugos were for English language (including translations) only. This had been approved by the WSFS Business Meeting at St. Louiscon, the 1969 Worldcon, but was rescinded by the WSFS BM at Heicon.
|1969 Hugos||Hugos||1971 Hugos||Reasonator Search 1970|
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it!|