The 1943 Retro Hugos for work published in 1942 were presented at Worldcon 76 in 2018. Fanac were busy scanning to provide a sample of eligible fanzines from 1942 (IA).
- Best Novel: Beyond This Horizon, by Anson MacDonald (Robert A. Heinlein) (Astounding Science-Fiction, April & May 1942)
- Best Novella: Waldo, by Anson MacDonald (Robert A. Heinlein) (Astounding Science-Fiction, August 1942)
- Best Novelette: Foundation by Isaac Asimov (Astounding Science-Fiction, May 1942)
- Best Short Story: The Twonky” by C. L. Moore and Henry Kuttner (Astounding Science-Fiction, September 1942)
- Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form: Bambi, written by Perce Pearce, Larry Morey, et al., directed by David D. Hand et al. (Walt Disney Productions)
- Best Editor, Short Form John W. Campbell
- Best Professional Artist: Virgil Finlay
- Best Fanzine: Le Zombie, edited by Arthur Wilson “Bob” Tucker
- Best Fan Writer: Forrest J Ackerman
|This is an award page. If you know something about it, such as who awarded it, who the winners were, what the criteria were, and when it was awarded, please add it!